SOUTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF RURAL WATER SYSTEMS
To have your job listed on our website and in our weekly JobConnection eNewsletter,
please CLICK HERE. Job postings are free for members of SDARWS.
Assistant Manager – Black Hawk Water User District, Black Hawk, SD
Qualified applicants will:
• Minimum requirements possess a high school diploma or equivalent and have previous experience in Administrative related duties
• Possess basic computer skills and be proficient in math and ten key
Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge and implementation of the Water User District’s policies and procedures
• Good communication skills in dealing with the public
• Operate and maintain office equipment
• Work as a team member with other employees
• Meet specified or required deadlines
• Communicate effectively with other District employees, both oral and written
• Handle multiple tasks
• Ability to understand service area maps
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Responsibility for daily operations of office: answering phone, opening the mail, etc.
• Responsible for obtaining office supplies as necessary
• Maintaining Customer Service
• Accepting payments, posting payments to accounts, preparing and making bank deposits, processing of customer accounts
• Responsible for obtaining and installing updated mailing information as required for preparing and transmitting bills to printer
• Responsible for the meter reading program: having the hardware ready for the meter reader, loading and uploading of the data, knowledge of the software
Office operations duties include but not limited to:
• Reporting requirements for EPA, DENR, SRF Loans, water quality reports.
• Tracking water consumption and production records
• Accounting software: Quick books, Microsoft Word etc.
• Preparing monthly financial statements and investment reports.
Pay is depending on qualifications. Benefits include health, dental, state retirement, paid vacation, holiday and sick leave.
Referral Instructions: Applications are available at Black Hawk Water User District, 5513 Oak Street, PO Box 476, Black Hawk, SD 57718 or send resume to above address. Only those applicants to be considered will be contacted to schedule an interview. Black Hawk Water User District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Meter Reader/Equipment Operator – City of Sturgis, SD
This position is responsible for (i) reading residential and commercial water meters and record consumption in preparation for the monthly billing cycle, (ii) identifying water meter equipment problems, (iii) completing routine meter reading maintenance service calls (i.e. minor water meter maintenance, turn-offs readings, high/low utilization questions), (iv) participating in all snow removal duties, (v) participating in the PWD summer maintenance programs and (vi) assisting with event set-up and PWD Rally duties. To learn more about or to apply for this position , visit: https://www.sturgis-sd.gov/jobs/850/
General Manager – Kingbrook Rural Water System, Arlington, SD
Kingbrook Rural Water System is headquartered in Arlington, SD, and seeks a General Manager to provide organizational leadership and oversee all operations and activities of the system! This individual will have full responsibility for the construction, operations, maintenance, administrative, and financial functions of the system. The General Manager will work closely with, and report to, the Board of Directors.
Kingbrook Rural Water System provides water to thousands of residents in eastern South Dakota, several municipalities, as well as customers in a number of counties, including Hamlin, Clark, Kingsbury, Brookings, Lake, Moody, Miner, Beadle, Sanborn and McCook.
Management Responsibilities Include:
• Ensure the continual uninterrupted supply of water to customers
• Seek ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of water system facilities and equipment
• Maintain compliance with applicable state and federal regulations
• Ensure efficient operations throughout the organization
• Effective management of resources, staff and projects
• Provide opportunities for staff development and performance management
• Assure proper and timely response to service calls
• Implement and enforce safe work programs and practices
• In conjunction with Board and staff, establish and implement water rates and any subsequent adjustments
Board Responsibilities Include:
• Plan and attend Board of Directors meetings; provide information and accountability as required
• Work with the Board to establish and implement strategic goals and plans
• Assure that proper accounting procedures and reporting are followed
• Review and analyze monthly and annual financial statements
• Prepare, present and follow annual budgets and work plans
Administrative Responsibilities Include:
• Investment of available system funds in accordance with approved Board policies
• Sign and execute reports, contracts, applications and other legal documents on behalf of the system
• Approve all operational and capital expenditures within approved budgets
• Consult with engineers and legal counsel as needed
• Oversee publication of newsletters and other communications
• Serve as lobbyist for the organization with legislative and regulatory agencies
• Travel to sites with the service area as needed, and to out-of-area/out-of-state meetings as required
Kingbrook Rural Water System offers strongly competitive compensation (dependent on experience), and benefits.
Benefits include: health, dental and life insurance, long-term disability, supplemental insurance, flex plan, 401(k), paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays and company vehicle.
To be considered, a bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering, or related field is desired. A minimum of five years of management experience, preferably in a service or utility industry, is preferred. Experience with financial management and budgeting is important, as are strong communications and organizational skills.
Kingbrook Rural Water System is an equal opportunity employer.
Rural Water System Manager – Clay Rural Water System, Wakonda, SD
The Clay Rural Water System provides quality drinking water to 2,430 locations in parts of five counties in southeast South Dakota. These include Clay, Turner, Yankton, Union and Lincoln Counties. The system maintains wells, pumping and booster stations and 1,350 miles of lines. The candidate will have management responsibility for operations and maintenance, including administrative and financial functions. Selected candidate will have excellent communication skills, fiscal responsibility and a vision of the future of rural water. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested parties may request a full job description by phone, mail or email.
To apply submit cover letter and resume to: Clay Rural Water System Board of Directors, 30376 SD Highway 19 Wakonda, SD 57073.
Clay Rural Water System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CORPORATE SPONSORS OF SOUTH DAKOTA RURAL WATER
Office Hours: M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm
203 W. Center Street | PO Box 287
Madison, SD 57042
605.556.7219 (p) | 605.556.1497 (f)
301 Seaton Circle | PO Box 815
Spearfish, SD 57783
South Dakota Rural Water is a proud member of the National Rural Water Association
2019 © Copyright All Rights Reserved
SOUTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF RURAL WATER SYSTEMS