To have your job listed on our website and in our weekly JobConnection eNewsletter,
please CLICK HERE. Job postings are free for members of SDARWS.
Full-Time Utilities Operator (2 openings) - City of Canton
The Utilities Operator performs a variety of duties involving general operations of water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, storm sewer maintenance, and overall system construction and repair. This individual also responds to emergency situations involving disruptions in City services, snow and ice removal, etc.
Applicant must have or be able to obtain Class 1 Water and Wastewater Certifications within 18 months; and Class 2 certifications within 36 months. Preference given to those with certifications. Must have or be able to obtain Commercial Driver’s License within 6 months and have a safe driving record.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and certifications.
The City of Canton is an EOE.
Closing date: 02/09/2018 or until filled
Civil Engineer - City of Sioux Falls
Hiring Range DOQ: $2,222.40 - $2,452.00 bi-weekly; $2,336.00 - $2,573.60 bi-weekly with P.E.
Perform engineering tasks and project coordination generally focusing on one or more of the following engineering disciplines including transportation engineering, water supply and distribution systems, waste water collection systems, storm drainage systems, and structures and building facilities.
This position is on the Water Reclamation Engineering Team and reports to the Water Reclamation Principal Engineer.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in civil or construction engineering; or any such combination of education, experience, and training as may be acceptable to the hiring authority.
The successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam is desirable for the C42 level position.
A licensed engineer with the state of South Dakota is mandatory for the C42A level position.
Possession of a valid driver’s license is desirable.
Application and Selection
Apply online at www.siouxfalls.org/careers. Most qualified will be invited for testing. If an ADA accommodation is needed please contact, 72 hours prior to closing date, 605-367-8740 or email@example.com.
The City of Sioux Falls is an EOE.
Closing date: 02/02/2018
Utility Billing Clerk - Grant-Roberts Rural Water System, Milbank, SD
The Utility Billing Clerk is responsible for preparing and mailing customer bills on a monthly basis, as well as receiving and recording payments on accounts. This position is the primary point of contact for customers and contractors as well as developing work orders for field staff.
General Office Duties:
• Assure office areas are clean and presentable
• Provide customer service by answering phone calls and greeting and assisting walk-in customers
• Operate and assist with office machines including copiers, fax machines, etc.
• Perform filing, organizing and cleaning duties as needed
• Set up new customer accounts and process security deposits
• Take service orders and coordinate/dispatch to field operators
• Perform customer account transfers and modifications as directed
• Prepare and run monthly reports as directed
• Download meter readings and enter readings as directed
• Upload current billing amounts
• Prepare customer billing statements and mail out as required
• Receive and post customer payments as directed
• Download payments and run reports
• Prepare and make money deposits as directed
• Process payments, penalties and shut-off notices
• Contact delinquent accounts as necessary
• Attend staff and training meetings as required
• Other duties as necessary or as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education, Skills and Work Experience
• High School or GED required
• Excellent written, verbal and telephone communication skills are required
• Proficiency in computers and office machines
• Prior work experience in office setting is preferred
• Knowledge and ability to be proficient in Microsoft Office products
• This position requires the use of a variety of office equipment, including computer hardware and software, copy machines, credit card machine, calculators, typewriters, telephone system, etc.
• Normal office activities will be required such as extended sitting, some walking, lifting of supplies up to 30 pounds, etc.
• Due to the developing and changing nature of operational activities, this position must be viewed as subject to change and evolution. Management reserves the right to unilaterally change or add to job descriptions according to the needs of the organization. Job descriptions are to be considered advisory to the employee in carrying out the duties of their employment, but do not create contract rights for the employee.
• This position description is intended to provide a fairly comprehensive and accurate description of the position, but it will not cover all aspects, details or tasks required. Other functions, responsibilities and requirements may be assigned, and this position description may be changed at the direction of Grant-Roberts Rural Water System, Inc. at any time.
• Grant-Roberts Rural Water System, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by South Dakota or federal law.
• In accordance with the American’s with Disabilities Act, the Grant-Roberts Rural Water System, Inc., will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Closing Date: 3/1/2018
System Service Technician – Rapid Valley Sanitary District-Water System
Rapid Valley Sanitary District-Water System is accepting applications immediately and until position is filled for System Service Technician. Requirements include a high school or equivalent education. Must possess basic math skills, mechanical and electrical aptitude abilities and skills. Must be able to work in close confinement conditions. Must be able to perform duties that may entail manual labor requiring continuous walking, bending, kneeling, lifting, climbing tanks and carrying heavy and awkward items. Must possess good communication skills, both orally and in writing. Must be self-motivated and able to plan and organize his/her work as a member of the team with a minimum amount of direct supervision. Applicant preferred to possess a minimum of a Class I Water Distribution, Class 1 Water Treatment and or Wastewater Collection License or be able to obtain within 18 months of selection for this position.
Duties include: Daily work orders, maintain required records and reports. Operate and maintain the distribution facilities/pipeline, including water reservoirs, booster pump stations, PRV/altitude pits and sewer lift stations. Become proficient in the operation and use of the SCADA System, "smart phone" technology, computer technology including Microsoft Word and Excel, and other electronic equipment. Perform meter reading, repair, programming and annual maintenance. Discontinue service or connect service to accounts as required. Become proficient in our leak detection program for system water leaks and repair the same. Respond professionally to customer needs. Maintain and operate all equipment in a safe manner. Assist the Field Supervisor in the operation and maintenance of the 3mg micro filtration treatment facility. Assist office staff in customer service operations. As a member of the operations/service team, participate in an “on call duty” that will require serving on a rotating schedule to be on call outside normal duty hours so that the emergency needs of the residents are met efficiently and promptly. Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of assigned vehicle. Perform other duties as assigned.
Pay is depending on qualifications. Benefits include health, dental, state retirement, long-term disability, paid vacation, holiday and sick leave.
Referral Instructions: Applications are available at 4611 Teak Dr. Rapid City S.D. 57703, or send resume to above address, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org only those applicants to be considered will be contacted to schedule an interview. The Rapid Valley Sanitary District-Water is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
SOUTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF RURAL WATER SYSTEMS
CORPORATE SPONSORS OF SOUTH DAKOTA RURAL WATER
Office Hours: M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm
203 W. Center Street | PO Box 287
Madison, SD 57042
605.556.7219 (p) | 605.556.1497 (f)
301 Seaton Circle | PO Box 815
Spearfish, SD 57783
South Dakota Rural Water is a proud member of the National Rural Water Association
2017 © Copyright All Rights Reserved
SOUTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF RURAL WATER SYSTEMS